Welcome to subway sprocket rocket!
How to Participate
If your child would like to participate in the SUBWAY® Sprocket Rocket Programme simply contact your local Sprocket Rocket club to find out when they hold their skills sessions. Email us to find out where your nearest club is located.
If your school would like to participate in the SUBWAY® Sprocket Rocket Programme simply fill in the ‘expression of interest’ form in the downloads section of this website and send it to email@example.com. If your school would like to train up a teacher to deliver the SUBWAY® Sprocket Rocket Programme in your school, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for a list of training dates that are currently organised.
If your club wants to deliver the SUBWAY®) Sprocket Rocket Programme you will need to train up a designated SUBWAY® Sprocket Rocket Coach. E-mail for information on training days that are being organised or look up our Facebook page for updates or log onto the Cycling Ireland coaching section.
A SUBWAY® Sprocket Rocket coach will have to complete other criteria;
• Minimum foundation level cycling Ireland coach
• Code of Ethics course
• Garda Vetted by cycling Ireland
How to Coordinate a SUBWAY® Sprocket Rocket Skill Award Programme
• Ensure your club has an accredited SUBWAY® Sprocket Rocket club coach
• Confirm dates and location of the SUBWAY® Sprocket Rocket Programme and contact the Sprocket Rocket co-ordinator.
• The sessions can be delivered in school or in a club environment.
• Sessions should run for approximately 1 hour per week for up to 12 weeks.
• Using the SUBWAY® Sprocket Rocket resource templates provided, modify your promotional material to reflect the dates, time and location of your programme sessions.
• Distribute promotional posters, brochures etc to schools, bicycle shops and around the community to increase community awareness.
• Ensure cycling coaches and clubs adopt the SUBWAY® Sprocket Rocket programme philosophy, focusing on fun and skill development for youth.
• Deliver the programme as per the session plans included in the resource and complete the necessary attendance and results sheets supplied.
• Report to Cycling Ireland on participation numbers in your Sprocket Rocket programme.
The SUBWAY® Sprocket Rocket membership programme provides young riders with their own identity and a point of contact with Cycling Ireland and the local club. All Sprocket Rocket enrolments must complete the Subway Sprocket Rocket Membership forms before starting the programme. These forms should be filled out, signed and given to the Sprocket Rocket coach. Membership to the programme is €20 if you have your own helmet, or €30 if you require a helmet. Sprocket Rocket membership includes Cycling Ireland membership.